Wednesday 29 July 2009

The Power of Buffy

I hesitate to say this, but Buffy Sainte-Marie is a powerful hero. Once you meet Buffy then other things fall into place.

What do I mean? No sooner do I get home from seeing Buffy at the Queen Elizabeth Hall than Chris texts me to say that Noddy Holder is on ITV on an 'archives' show where they show old films and Nod was on talking about old SLADE videos, some of which were new to me.

Then, this morning, the courier from Ticketmaster arrived with my ticket for Amanda Palmer's second show at the Union Chapel. I've *never* received an Amanda ticket first time - normally I have to book time off work to have then delivered (I've no idea why you have to sign for tickets when Madonna's are merrily sent through normal post). Not only do I get Amanda tickets, but I went to the post office at lunchtime to pick up a parcel that turned out to be Amanda's 'Who Killed Amanda Palmer' hardbacked photo book with Niel Gaiman.

Clearly I am blessed - Buffy, Noddy and Amanda in less than 24 hours...

No comments: