Wednesday 8 July 2009

The Fourth Plinth

Have you heard about the Fourth Plinth?

Anthony Gormley is asking people to become living statues and occupy the empty Fourth Plinth in Trafalgar Square. Everyone involved gets one hour on the plinth and you can do whatever you like. It started on Monday and I saw some of the activities when I went past it on the bus the other day. I'm tempted, I really am, but I'd worry about falling off (heights and me don't mix). You get lifted on by a crane and the change over is on the hour.

Click for the live webcam to get different views of what's happening on the plinth 24 hours a day. At the moment an Australian woman is throwing paper planes into the crowds from her place on the plinth. I will have to go along and investigate more closely.

In the mean time, if you fancy being art for an hour ...



... oh, the Australian lady has just been replaced by a bloke who's just standing there, quite still... wonder if he'll move at all? This could become quite addictive.

UPDATE: I've applied for a place on the plinth - if I'm selected it'll be in September ... Watch this space!

No comments: