Saturday 1 March 2008

Two Music Telly Moments

Did you see 'Jools' last night? It was an odd show with an odd mix of acts and the Diamond Hoo Ha Men, those quirky Supergrass lads, stood head and shoulders above everyone else. They've discovered early 70s hard rock and do it loud (as is right and proper), hard rocking guitar music, fast and furious. I loved them! The rather anaemic sound of new kids on the block, Vampire Weekend, didn't even come close - Supergrass blasted them away in power chords and volume.

The new album, 'Diamond Hoo Ha' is out in a few weeks time and I think I'll be acquiring it.

Tonight saw the beginning of Eurovision 2008 where we, the great British public choose the next act to lose in the real competition. I'm not exactly a Eurovision fan but thought I'd watch it tonight. My response to the first two acts was wondering why people who couldn't sing in tune were involved in a song competition, but it came down to Michelle Gayle (songstress of yesteryear) and Andy Abrahams (from X Factor or something).

Michelle's song, 'Woo (U Make Me)', is quirky, fun and funky with a catchy chorus and nice dance moves (with hints of OutKast) so what did we do? We voted for Andy with his '90s sounding song that was a bit like Simply Red. It sounds old. Michelle was robbed!

I hope Michelle releases her song anyway - I'd buy it!

No comments: