Saturday 22 March 2008

Easter Hail

What is going on with the weather these days? Lovely blue skies one moment, rain the next, the temperature's dropped and then I go out of my front door this afternoon to face piles of hail stones in the garden. Bbrrrr but it's chilly. And it's Easter.

Now, I know some people will point to global warming, icebergs melting and the ocean tides changing as affecting the weather, but they're all new-fangled blameworthy things. I'm an old stick in the mud and I blame Chernobyl. That was the start of it all. O yes.

The end of the world has been nigh since the reactor went critical back in 1986 and us CND type bods suddenly had our moment of justification in Thatcher's Britain. It didn't last long, of course, even though the people of Chernobyl and surrounding regions are still living with the effects.

Aren't we going to build new reactors or upgrade existing reactors in the next few years? I vaguely recall something like that from the one day last year when there wasn't a WAG or Big Brother or X-Factor story on the front page of the newspapers.

Anyway, it's Easter and I've got a vase of daffs on the table and an Easter egg in the kitchen (ok, eggs plural) and I'm snug and warm so all must be right with the world.... mustn't it?

No comments: