Tuesday 11 March 2008

A Swan & A Shoe

I've been in the presence of magnificence tonight, the marvellous Siouxsie at Shepherds Bush Empire. Unfortunately, the wonder that is London Transport is up the creek in that part of London so it took an age to get home and I'm too tired to do my usual apres-gig blog, so that will have to wait until tomorrow. My day started in pain with my back playing up and ended with the ecstasy of Siouxsie.

And Siouxsie was on top form, in excellent voice and humour and dressed to kill in a slinky golden catsuit. And she did THREE encores!

After the gig while I was gawping at the merch Chris pointed out that a Blood Red Shoe was chatting at the side of the merch stand. I was overcome with shyness for a few moments and thought, 'sod it, I'll probably never have this chance again' so went over to Steven to say hello and tell him I'd enjoyed the show. I've no idea how old he is but he looks *so* young. He asked if I wanted to join their emailing list and I said I was already on it, I'd seen them supporting Maximo Park at Brixton and he punched the air saying, 'yes! someone's heard of us!'. Of course we have, my lad, and we'll all hear more of you shortly when the album's out. That was a bit of a thrill - they really are very good y'know.

It was also nice to chat to Tall Paul again, a Siouxsie fan of the goth era, while waiting the mandatory several hours for a Hammersmith and City line tube train after the show...

I took some photos of the show (obviously) so, to whet your appetite, here are a few pics of the goddess that is Siouxsie!



No comments: