Saturday 29 March 2008

Radio City Music Hall

How do you fill in time before seeing a great hero in concert? You go to Radio City Music Hall, of course, and become immersed in the history of that business they call show (yes, I know it's a cliche). And have your photo taken with a Rockette.

I have very fond memories of seeing the Christmas Spectacular - and, trust me, it was *very* spectacular, including everything you could imagine and real snow falling from the ceiling- at Radio City a few years ago, so taking the back stage tour seemed like a good idea. Our guide was Heather, a nice, fast-talking New Yorker with 70s disco permed ringlet hair. Our Rockette was Tara, all smiles and legs, who emerged from behind a door with a blue star painted on it.

It was an interesting tour but I wish we'd been warned about the (approximately) 4,874,659 steps that were involved. Tired afterwards? I should co-co!

1 comment:

David said...

Where is the photo with your Rockette though??