Monday 17 March 2008

Albatross Of Doom

Amanda Palmer's latest blog opens with the immortal words, "you fucking people are radical" and goes on from there. Amanda writes very interesting and personal blogs with an individual use of capitals and grammar and it's that that gives an insight into her character. She's still recovering from her throat surgery and still (at least technically) silent so she has to use her creativity somehow, and the last few days have focused on chucking stuff out of her apartment, stuff she's collected over the years, been given on tour, things put aside to wear or look at or read later. And later never really comes. She refers to these as her albatross of doom... such as the tee shirt on the photo below.

We all hoard stuff, don't we? I do. Things that might be useful one day. I have all sorts of potentially useful junk that I really ought to throw out or recycle. I might have a destructo-session when I get back from New York (because I'll almost certainly collect new junk over there).

I've got a few days off work after New York so I can also introduce you to my Buddha image collection... didn't you know I had one? I've been collecting Buddha images for years, only from the land of their origin, of course - I wouldn't dream of buying one in this country, it wouldn't feel right. They're all lovely and all have a story attached.



Watch this space.

No comments: