Monday 3 July 2006

Vampires and Waste Products

More diabeatnik tests this morning at St George's Hospital. First job after waking up was to fill a specimen bottle with the first wee of the morning - the doctor was quite insistent that it had to be the *first* wee. So I duly wee'd. Straight into the bottle with no spillage - such bladder control! Chris suggested taking a photo of it since I was so proud and here it is.

Vampires weren't on top form this morning (or maybe it was my veins) but after sticking an enormous needle into one arm without drawing blood so she tried my other one (good job I have two, really) with more success. At least Beverley Knight was on the radio this time, singing 'Keep This Fire Burning'.

And I'm sleeping all through the night now and walking a lot better today (thank you for asking). The worst is (I hope) over. I checked my blood glucose level and I'm at 10.5 this afternoon, a bit high, but not too bad (for me at this stage).