Friday 7 July 2006

Top 20 Gladys for iPod

Since I can't sleep tonight (due to lack of sleep last night and then a few hours kip this evening messing up my sleep pattern) I thought I'd review my Gladys tracks on iPod. My new double CD compliation of her Motown years arrived today so I've loaded more onto iPod than I previously had. The track listing is now:

Just Walk In My Shoes
I Heard It Through The Grapevine
Got Myself A Good Man
The Nitty Gritty
Cloud Nine
Friendship Train
You Need Love Like I Do (Don't You?)
If I Were Your Woman
If You Gonna Leave (Just Leave)
Daddy Could Swear, I Declare
If You Ever Get Your Hands On Love
Baby Dont Change Your Mind
License To Kill
Bourgie Bourgie
Take Me In Your Arms And Love Me
Come Back And Finish What You Started
Neither One Of Us
So Sad The Song
Love Overboard
Here are the pieces of my broken heart

Now, I'm not saying these are her best tracks or even my top 20 favourites but slow and quiet songs don't often work on iPod since they get drowned out by background noise (such as the tune). These tracks should work.

And (courtesy of Chris) here is one of my favourite photos of the people making that glorious noise!

No comments: