Tuesday 4 July 2006

Last 10 iPod

I haven't been playing iPey much recently, what with not travelling to work and wotnot, but I went in today and listened to iPey so here are my last 10 toons:
Take Me Home Country Roads - Toots and the Maytals
Gravity - The Dresden Dolls
U Got The Look - Prince
Back Off Boogaloo - Ringo Star
Look At Last Nite - SLADE
Kids In America - Kim Wilde
Think It Over (Before You Break My Heart) - Brenda Holloway
Gone Daddy Gone - Gnarls Barclay
Colour My World - Petula Clark
Hey Baby! Howdja Do Me This Way - Buffy Sainte-Marie

That's every decade of my life covered quite nicely, and I'm listening to the New York Dolls as I blog so that's another vote for the '70s.

I went to work today in part to test out how comfortably I could do it and it wasn't too bad, really. Walking in the street and transport are problems, dodging people in case they bump into me, the exagerated ups and downs of pavements and slight inclines (both of which are instantly noticed by my back - you'd be astonished how an otherwise flat pavement develops lumps and bumps when you walk on it gingerly). It took half an hour or so to recover once I got to work but that's less than it took last week, so I'm getting better.

I spent the latter part of the afternoon at a meeting at the Home Office which was supposed to be chaired by the Home Secretary except he called off and one of his ministers chaired instead. The meeting was so obviously planned with the Home Secretary in mind - several presentations with little time for discussion or awkward questions, easily recognised from when I was involved in running a ministerial group years ago. All stage management with little real content. It then took me about an hour longer than usual to get home, mainly because I hobble so slowly, but at least I did it. It gets very frustrating when I walk almost normally at home where the floor is flat and I'm in an environment I control and then start hobbling as soon as I get outside.

Ooooo the NY Dolls have just started the gay clapping song!!!

No comments: