Sunday 24 February 2008

Was that Fenella Fielding?

I *think* I saw Fenella Fielding on the tube the other day. Those cheekbones, those lips, that hair... could it have been anyone else? There's an article in The Independent on Sunday today that ends with her getting on a bus, so she's not averse to public transport.

When I think of Fenella I think of 'Carry On Screaming' in which she plays the vamp sister to Kenneth Williams' mad scientist, and that's the film in which he utters the immortal Carry On line of 'Frying tonight!' as he sinks into a heated vat of gloop. And Fenella's big line is 'Do you mind if I smoke?' while lying on a couch and then clouds of smoke emerge from around her as she lounges and goes a bit orgasmic. You have to see it really.

If it was Fenella, then all I can say is coo!

1 comment:

chrisv said...

She's madder than the maddest thing.