Saturday 2 February 2008

Baby Poota

My lovely blue Vaio is growing up fast, memory filling up and handy programs being added, and now that he's all wireless it feels like he's grown up. But my paternal instincts are strong. So I have assisted in the birth of my real Baby Poota. He is tiny. He is an Asus Eee and he is lovely.

He's 9"x7"x1", light as a feather, good speakers and screen and even has an integral webcam. Mine is white and I've invested in an additional memory card since the internal memory is only 4Gb, but that should keep me going. He's small enough to slip unnoticed into a bag, is wireless, surfs the web like a dream and has music and photo software for us multi-media people. He is a glorified toy, of course, and probably too small to any serious work on, but that, in part, is because I'm not used to working on that size keyboard. After a few weeks, who know what I might be capable of while sitting on the train or in a cafe filling in some spare time.

I got it for train journeys and holidays really. It'll be so useful being able to upload photos from my camera while on holiday and free up the memory card in the camera, tell you all about my latest adventure on holiday from my wireless hotel room rather than finding an internet cafe, keep up with the news and all sorts of things. The world belongs to me and Baby Poota.

1 comment:

Gareth said...

That looks goodbut all my money is being spent when I'm on holidays, and as my parents don't even have internet access it would be of less use on my trips to Wales