Wednesday 6 February 2008

Blood Red Shoes

The new single from Blood Red Shoes, 'You Bring Me Down,' is out for download and in hard copy in different formats. I got the three track CD this evening - I love the energy of the single and the repetitive call of 'nothing can stop this creeping fear...'.

I came across Blood Red Shoes when they supported Maximo Park in October 2007, enjoyed their set and downloaded the couple of tracks available at the time. They're a guitar and drums duo who make a lot of noise and I thought they sounded a bit like a cross between The Fall and The Dresden Dolls (but they don't really), a minimalist sound with strident voices. I'd quite like to see them again.

I hope the single does well for the scallywags - that would bode well for the album due later this year.


No comments: