Monday 4 February 2008

Laura Marling

I noticed that 'Night Terror', a track from Laura Marling's new album, is the free iTunes single of the week this week. It's been available to play on her MySpace site for a while so I've heard it before, but it's well worth downloading. I like the imagery around her waking up on a bench on Shepherd's Bush Green (must be a tough life to sleep on a bench there!).

Her actual new single is 'Ghosts' which is available in hard format from all good record shops as well as for download. Her first album, 'Alas I Cannot Swim,' is available next week and I'll be getting it. I like her voice, her words and her sound. And she's only 19, I think, so there's a long future ahead of her.

Go on, download 'Night Terror' - it's free so what do you have to lose? Then try some more Laura next week when the album's available.

No comments: