Tuesday 30 January 2007

James Whild Lea - Therapy

And the angels rejoiced and sang hosannahs in three-part harmony. I have looked on the face of a Lord of Noize and he was good. I have heard the voice of a Lord of Noize and he was good.

James Whild Lea has released his first solo album 15 years after leaving SLADE and it is good. 'Therapy' by James Whild Lea.

Well, from the short clips on his website it sounds good but I've yet to hear a full song. I have no doubt that all the songs are excellent, of course. They couldn't be anything else. Loud, brash, guitar-driven rock music that brought a tear to my eye. O yes, I'm going to enjoy this!
The glorious news came wafting to me down the SLADE wires so I scooted over to his site and went straight to the shop to listen to a few clips and then buy the album. Unfortunately delivery is 'within 28 days'. That's no way to treat a fan, I want it now! So I chose a few tracks to download to keep me going but every time I tried to download I got the same error mesage: "Unfortunately, this purchase cannot be made. The provider has supplied erroneous data. Please contact the provider." Huh! I'll simply keep going back until it's fixed.

Cor! A new record! I am thrilled! Go on, do the clicky thing on Jim's name above in red and take a listen, I dare you ...

No comments: