Saturday 27 January 2007

Come On Now Social

I ordered 'Come On Now Social' by the Indigo Girls from Amazon what seems an age ago and, since it still hadn't arrived, I checked up on it this afternoon. I contacted Amazon and had an almost instant reply along the lines of there are problems with the supplier, sorry, please accept a £3 gift token and if you want to cancel the order, here's the link. How sweet. I checked a few other online stores and no-one seems to have it (including eil.com which is odd) so I cancelled the order and then downloaded the album from my good friends at iTunes.

I'm sure the CD must be available from somewhere but how much effort do I really want to put into finding it when it's right in front of me in the iTunes store? I download individual tracks but when it comes to albums, I prefer to buy the hard copy - that way you get all the packaging and booklet and stuff. On the other hand, I only ever really look at the booklet once so does it matter? Downloaded and burned in about 15 minutes and now belting out of my CD player.

I'm seeing the Indigo lasses for the first time in a couple of weeks so I need to refresh my lug-holes with the full range of their sounds and, although a few of these tracks are on compilations, I haven't heard the full album before. It's excellent, harder than their ususal sound, a very robust performance. There are different styles on this album and that's a good thing. That may be as a result of working with a number of guests, including Sheryl Crowe, Joan Osborne and Me'Shell Ndegeocello. I'm enjoying it.

And the £3 from Amazon? That'll almost pay for the Blue Mink 'best of' CD I've been looking at recently...

No comments: