Saturday 16 September 2006

The snoozes

How can you tell I've seen medical people? I fall asleep afterwards! Most odd. What is it about medical stuff that drains me and makes me tired?

Finally had my eyeballs photographed this afternoon and what lovely eyeballs I have (modest as ever). The knobbly veins are just so... so... um, veiny in a sort of classic way. Nodules and other bits all in perfect proportion. Basically, I have good eyes, at least as far as lack of nerve damage is concerned.

Mind you, the stuff they put in your eyes to dilate the pupils is not on my nice list. It stings when it goes in and makes the world fuzzy around the edges (a nice way to look at Tooting, really). What I didn't expect was my eyes to become so sensitive to light. I could hardly keep my eyes open as soon as I went outside, and it wasn't really that sunny. Walking to get the bus with my eyes covered by one hand, squinting through my fingers to see where I was going. Next time I'll take shades!

And my next time is 21 September 2007.

Now I can get my eyes tested by an optician and get some new glasses at last!

No comments: