Thursday 28 September 2006

Revenge Shopping

To allay my severe distress and trauma on Monday I invested in some revenge shopping on Amazon and I got it today. Pride of place belongs to 'The Definitive Story of CBGB - the home of US Punk', a new double CD compilation of bands that played at CBGBs in New York and some fab stuff is on there.

I already have most of the tracks that make this a great selection but it's nice to have them all on one record, playing one after another - generates a good musical vibe, maaan. It's interesting to shift back in time a few decades and hear old songs I haven't even dreamed of in years and loving them again, like:

Destroy All Monsters : Bored [how did I ever forget this gem?]
The B52s : Planet Claire
MC5 : Kick Out The Jams
Devo : Jocko Homo
Dead Boys : Sonic Reducer

... and loads of others!

There's some kack as well but all can be forgiven for the sheer energy ripping out of the speakers. There's enough here to keep anyone who was a teenager in the '70s happy!

No comments: