Friday 1 September 2006

More SLADE? O yes...

I spent some enjoyable time reading Lise Lyng Falkenberg's SLADEblog today. There are some great photos of Don on the blog - here's one I nicked of Don with the new CDs. He's looking good.

I was fascinated, nostalgic and surprised in equal parts. There's a great interview with Don reproduced in the blog and it was nice to read his reminiscences of making the records in the first place.

I was very surprised that the band haven't been approached to do any promotional work for the new CDs, although Don thought that maybe Noddy will be doing something (Nod is often the spokesperson as was always the way). This seems very strange and such a missed opportunity to try to get the four band members together again... O well.

The interview also comments on Don's songwriting - he co-wrote some of the songs on 'Play It Loud' (which has always been one of my favourites) and the early 'B' sides. More wordy and serious than Nod's lyrics, but that just adds variety to the catalogue. I hope he gets lots of royalties from the re-issues.

No comments: