Friday 22 September 2006

Biscuit Tin

First Christmas Tree of the Year?

I saw my first Christmas tree of the year yesterday. It was all lit up and gracing one of the windows of the Army & Navy Store on Victoria Street. Now, I love Christmas, but I prefer it to be once a year and it doesn't really start in mid-September.

Last 10 iPod

The last 10 tracks played on my iPod are:

You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties - Jona Lewie
Warsaw is Khelm - Golem ft Amanda Palmer
Cuz I Can - Pink
I'm Me, I'm Now And That's Orl - SLADE
The Coast Is Always Changing - Maximo Park
Yankee Wheels - Jane Aire and the Belvederes
Defying Gravity - Wicked Cast Recording
Metal Guru - T.Rex
Lonesome Organist Rapes Page Turn - The Dresden Dolls
Escapade - Janet Jackson

Just outside the Top 10 (at No 12) is my new delight - 'Delighted To See You' by The N'Betweens from 1967, a song I've never heard until this week and it is an aurally joyous festival for the noize buds. Because, of course, as all right-thinking people know, by 1967 The N'Betweens were the fledgling SLADE, the Lords of Noize in vitrio.

I'm having a good week musically - two glorious new Amanda tracks and one new SLADE!

The SLADE Box

SLADE Day is getting closer...

No comments: