Wednesday 10 May 2006

Tickets

Phew! I *finally* have my Dresden Dolls tickets! What an effort!

Like a good little punter I didn't query the absence of tickets with Ticketmaster because all the emails and website say that tickets might not be issued until 7 days before the event. Then out of the blue I get a 'reminder' email from Ticketmaster and that makes me worry. I rung TM on Sunday to be told that my tickets were issued in March and that secure mail people (whatever) have been trying to deliver them since then. That was news to me.

I ring the secure mail people (whatever) to try to get the tickets delivered on Monday and then leave a message on the website to deliver them to my work address. No response. Then on Monday evening in Sainsburys I get a text saying they'll be delivered on Tuesday between 9-5. I try to get into work for 9am (not a great skill on my part) in the hopes that tickets will be delivered in the morning ... no such luck! I get the phone call saying the delivery bloke is in reception - unfortunately by 2.20pm I'm on a train just pulling out of Birmingham International at that time.

I ring the secure mail people (whatever) to get the tickets delivered on Wednesday, again between 9-5. I heroically get into work at 8.30am (I'm waiting for a medal for that achievement) hoping for delivery in the morning since my afternoon will be largely spent in a meeting in another building. Finally, at about 2.45pm I get the call and I rush back to my building to get the tickets - and I have them!Just why they have to be signed for and I have to produce proof of who I am is beyond me. At least I will see Amanda and Brian on Friday!

Oddly enough I received tickets to see Sandi Thom yesterday through the post. And my ticket to the Chelsea Flower Show arrived today, again through the post. Why does Ticketmaster have to be different?

No comments: