Friday 19 May 2006

Hello Daddy, Hello Mom I'm Your Ch Ch Ch Ch Cherry Bomb!

Dontcha just lurve finding old records that you haven't heard for decades and that force you to dance round the room in your socks?

I've rediscovered the glory that was The Runaways and my favourite song of theirs, 'Cherry Bomb'! Listen to it here: http://www.bubblegum-machine.com/week3.html

Christopher (bless his cotton socks) has just rung from HMV to say that The Runaways 'The Millennium Collection' is in stock and he's getting it for me. Isn't that just the nicest thing? Then I'll be able to play it well loud on repeat all weekend (o yes) and put it on iPod for future listening.

Written by the marvellous Joan Jett and Kim Fowley and with Cherie Curry singing her way to imortality, 'Cherry Bomb' epitomises The Runaways for me - threatening, a bit pouty and slutty, loud and not what nice girls should be singing. One of the great songs, indeed.

Hello daddy, hello mom
I'm your ch ch ch ch ch cherry bomb
Hello world I'm your wild girl
I'm your ch ch ch ch ch cherry bomb

... and then play it again LOUDER!

No comments: