Wednesday 31 May 2006

Biscuit Tin

Time for a bit of a pick'n'mix blog - a biscuit tin with something for everyone.

Sandi Thom

Nice to see my latest favourite is at No 2 in the singles chart. Not bad, eh?

The Indigo Girls

There's a new album on the way, and to prove it, you can see the Lasses in the studio in their video diary - what a great idea for a video diary to be on the website so you can see it evolve.

Last Ten iPod

Instead of reporting my top ten iPod songs (which doesn't change very often) I thought I'd report the last ten songs played (I generally have it set to 'shuffle' so it changes every day). That might be slightly more interesting and show the type of thing I listen to on a semi-regular basis.



Cherish ~ Madonna
John Sinclair ~ John Lennon
My Name Is ~ Eminem
Telegram Sam ~ T.Rex
The Other Man's Grass Is Always Greener ~ Petula Clark
American Girl ~ Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
Below My Radar ~ Beverley Knight
Suffragette City ~ David Bowie
Fallen Angels ~ Buffy Sainte-Marie
Sound Of A Gun ~ Buzzcocks

Fat Arse

Self-realisation is an important thing, a measure of growth and maturity, and very Buddhist. I looked inward today (after looking outward) and decided I have a fat arse. OK, I admit it, my name is Owen and I have a fat arse.

Six years ago, it was much nicer. In the late '90s I went to the gym regularly (down in Norbury), I was fit and reasonably toned and then one of the discs in my lower back >slipped< (oops). It's been downhill all the way since then.

Anniversaries

I'm a bit crap at remembering anniversaries. I've just let two slip by that are important to me:

  • 22 May 2000 - I gave up smoking, having my last tab at about 6.00pm that day. I won't say that was last ever tab, but that's the big day.
  • 23 May 2000 - I had my microdiscectomy operation at mid-day at Atkinson-Morley Hospital in Wimbledon and was zonked out of it on morphine and codeine for the next couple of days. They didn't remove the disc, just snipped off the bit that was 'sticking out' and pressing on the nerve - that's why it still slips every now and again (the alternative is to take the disc out and fuse the two vertebrae).

1 comment:

chrisv said...

You believe in sharing with your public eh? I am still trying to find a Rich Tea in the tin....