Thursday 18 May 2006

Sandi Thom

Tomorrow is Sandi Thom night at the Islington Academy Bar and a night long looked forward to. But before I get too gushing about Sandi I must point out that I have not foresaken Amanda DresdenDoll, I just need a variety of women in my life...

Is Sandi Thom going to be the next big thing? I saw an advert for her new single on C4 last night. I didn't even realise they advertised singles anymore... And today I saw giant posters at the top of Brixton Hill advertising the single. It might be that she's a local gal - lives in Tooting even though she's Scottish - or maybe the record company have decided she's a star come hell or high water.

I like the single and I've been listening to it for a couple of months without getting bored. I came across Sandi via a Buffy Sainte-Marie Google alert, where it seems that Buffy is both an influence and Sandi sounds like her (she doesn't to my ear but that's not the point).

She plays in Islington tomorrow (Thursday), the single is out next week and the album is out in the second week of June. I'm really looking forward to it too.

2 comments:

redhairedqueer said...

I just need a variety of women in my life...

Spoken like a true "man"

*wrinkles nose*

By the way, I've just finished Pete Burns' autobiography and it turns out he's a huge Buffy Saint Marie fan.

Just thought you ought to know.

Owen said...

Ooooo I've suddenly opened my ears to Pete Burns!