Thursday 11 May 2006

Desperate

Nothing seems to go to plan. I troll up to Oxford Street after work to pick up the wonderful new single from the Dresden Dolls - 'Sing' - from HMV. It's mentioned in the DD newsletter and it's available for download on iTunes along with a 'B' side tune that isn't on the new album. But it's not in the HMV shop and, after checking, it's not scheduled to be released. Now, what's that all about and where is it?

In a slough of despond I go browsing and pick up a salsa collection and 'Rock n Roll' by the New York Dolls (yes, there seems to be a 'dolls' theme going here). I've just opened the CD case and there's no CD inside! Eh? What's going on here?

The D Dolls single doesn't seem to exist except on iTunes and the NY Dolls album exists but there's no music inside...

I think it's a conspiracy. I've obviously gotten on the wrong side of some dolls at some point and this is their revenge.