Monday 6 March 2006

Catalogue and other events

Had a slightly eventful weekend (well, sort of). I decided I needed to catalogue all my CDs so I know what songs I already have and by whom and when - so I don't download then from iTunes...

I was given Access 2003 when I visited a Microsoft project a few weeks ago so thought I'd experiment with it. It took hours to go through the CDs in the various towers in the living room and the bookcase in the hall - around 400 or so. But now I've got to add track listings for each as well. I'm not entirely sure how this happened, but I discovered CDs by Sting and Alanis Morrisette that I didn't even know I had - eBay here I come!

The next step is to re-order them in alphabetical order. I'm a bit worried about that. I might still have to have a pile of CDs next to the CD player so I've got my recent favourites to hand. It looks a lot better having a pile CDs as well!

Um, more exciting is that I received an email from Buffy Sainte-Marie - I sent her a 'happy birthday' email and she replied - I'm overjoyed! And no, I'm not going to repeat what she says or give you her address. I'm quietly glowing...

No comments: