Friday 31 March 2006

The Avengers

I'm watching 'The Avengers' and Mrs Peel has only hit one big burly man so far. I feel cheated. Not even a karate chop in sight...

Lots of nice groovy '60s music and champagne but not enough violence - at least so far.

There are, of course, the other 'Avengers', the 'Mighty' sort! I like 'em too and have been following their adventure on and off for about 37 years. I think I got my first comic in 1969 at Haggerston Castle caravan park where the family was on holiday, somewhere on the Northumberland coat (I think). It wasn't an original Marvel comic, just a UK reprint along with a couple of other superhero tales. I think it was in a comic called 'Fantastic' or something like that. Ahhh, memories...

Now, what I'd really like is an 'Avengers' film. We've had the X-Men films (and another one on the way) and they're my other Marvel favourites (indeed, they surpassed the Avengers in the late 70s / easrly '80s with the Phoenix saga and all the stories leading to it). More Mighty Marvel is all I can say!

No comments: