Tuesday 13 February 2007

The Shame

I realised, to my shame, that I don't have 'Boredom' by the Buzzcocks on CD. I don't quite know how I've managed that (I had the vinyl back in the day). I assumed it was on my Buzzcock's singles collection but it isn't. So I've downloaded it. I can't live with the shame of not having it.

While I was hunting through my iPod I also noticed another significant omission. Status Quo. The Quo have probably featured on a few thousand compilation albums so how come I only have two tracks? The Quo aren't one of my favourite bands by any means but they're friends to SLADE and they made a big contribution to rock-pop in the '70s and beyond, therefore I must be sympathetic to them. So I've downloaded 'Down Down', 'Roll Over Lay Down' and 'Whatever You Want'. I *had* to.

3 comments:

chrisv said...

I cannot say Va Quo have ever been my ideal but I am happy to give snaps to Francis Rossi who back in the day fully supported his son's coming out as gay.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

And don't let's forget about the sister with the big voice, Nita Rossi, who cut a rather tasty Northern Soul track for Pye Records - Something to Give...

But surely if you have Down Down you don't really need anything else? Everything they did afterwards all sounds kind of, er, exactly the same doesn't it?