Wednesday 28 February 2007

One Two

One

I had one significant work worry today - a reminder that the deadline for a major piece of work is Friday this week. I've known about the work for two weeks now but it's never quite made it through my neural pathways to register as urgent because other things have been more urgent. A big bit of work was completed today so I can now focus on the next big task. Don't try to speak to me tomorrow because I won't be listening.

Two

I've had two surprises today:

1. Childnet emailed me at work to say they'd seen my blog from yesterday. I responded to say that I hoped they'd also read my Poly and Jim Lea entries since I'll be asking questions later. Nice to see my readership expand.

2. I was kindly given a copy of the 'Hot Fuzz' soundtrack CD by Chris after it was signed by Simon Pegg (he scrawled over the front of the leaflet at a signing in Virgin). It's a good soundtrack with suitably glamtastic tracks from the Sweet, T.Rex and Cozy Powell and an interesting re-working of 'Solid Gold Easy Action' by The Fratellis. It's got clips of dialogue between the tracks which makes for an interesting listen. Of course, Chris has this ongoing relationship with Edgar Wright (the director) where Edgar buys film posters and promises to supply posters of his films ... friend to the stars indeed. My only complaint is that The Fratellis singer doesn't ad lib 'stroll on' after the chorus like Marc does. It doesn't sound quite right without 'stroll on'...

No comments: