Tuesday 20 February 2007

Buffy Day

Today I have been listening only to Buffy on my iPod - on the way to work, at work, on the way home and now while I'm typing. I have 184 tracks on iPey, some are duplicates (such as different versions of songs like 'Soldier Blue'). She has an incredible back-catalogue and a wide range of material.

The last ten songs are:
  • He's An Indian Cowboy At The Rodeo [Album: Up Where We Belong]
  • Disinformation [Album: Coincidence And Likely Stories]
  • Little Boy Dark Eyes [Album: Fire& Fleet & Candlelight]
  • She Used To Wanna Be A Ballerina [Album: She Used To Wanna Be A Ballerina]
  • Native North American Child [Album: Native North American Child - An Oddysey]
  • The Jewels of Hanalei [Album: Quiet Places]
  • Nobody Will Ever Know It's Real But You [Album: Changing Woman]
  • Cod'ine [Album: Newport Folk 1964]
  • I Can't Take It No More [Album: Buffy]
  • A Soulful Shade Of Blue [Album: Best Of The Vanguard Years]
I like the fact that Buffy has different versions of her songs to reflect different times. I like the two reggae versions of 'Fallen Angels'. I'm currently listening to 'The Flower And The Apple Tree', a single 'b' side from the '60s that's not on any of the albums.

I'm looking forward to the new album due later this year - some new Buffy songs to learn and cherish and, hopefully, to bop around to!

No comments: