Monday 19 February 2007

Bit of a Bag

'Manda

After being worried about Amanda Dresden Doll I've now decided she's fine. She's been par-taying in New York for a couple of weeks and is now off for a yoga retreat in the woods somewhere. When she returns to civilisation in two-three weeks time she's straight into the studio to work on her solo album, all refreshed and raring to go. Brian is off doing drum-clinics in various New England academic institutions (how posh) and I think they get back together for a June tour across America. But when will I see my punk cabaret ragamuffins again, I wonder?

Um, and don't forget about the Roundhouse DVD please ...

Poly Styrene

I am an excited thing. I bid for and won Poly's 1980 solo album, 'Transluscence,' on eBay. I think the version of 'Age' on the 'Let's Submerge' compilation is from that album and, if so, I'm going to enjoy it. Well, enjoy it after I've transferred vinyl to digital stuff and burned it...

Maximos and the Minister

O dear. I have a diary clash. I'm off to see me Geordie lads - the delightful Maximo Park - at the Astoria on Wednesday but I've also got a meeting with one of our ministers on Wednesday afternoon for a demonstration of a new digital resource for parents. That creates something of a dilemma - suit or no suit? change at work? traipse all the way home to change and head back into town? or, could I fake it with black jeans, jacket and tie (and then discard the tie)? Decisions, decisions.

Last 10 iPey

The last 10 tracks played on my iPod were:

'Boogie Oogie Oogie' - A Taste of Honey
'Take On Me' - a-Ha
'Emergency' - 999
'Aquarius/Let The Sun Shine In' - The 5th Dimension
'Wake Up Little Sister' - Lindisfarne
'Daydreaming' - Dusty Springfield
'Stay With Me' - Rod Stewart & The Faces
'The Other Man's Grass (Is Always Greener)' - Petula Clark
'Eagle' - ABBA
'Carnation' - The Jam

Don't you just lurve an iPod on shuffle? Who knows what's going to turn up next? 'Aquarius' is one of my latest downloads and, unfortunately, has already acquired a less than flattering nickname, but I like it anyway.

No comments: