Sunday 27 September 2009

X-Ray Spex Live at The Roundhouse CD & DVD

News at last about the long-awaited live CD and DVD following the great X-Ray Spex gig at The Roundhouse last year - 9 November is Day-Glo Day!

I haven't seen it advertised anywhere other than Amazon at the moment, but that's a start. When it's available in Poly's online shop, I'll buy it from there.

There's a great interview with Poly Styrene in this month's Record Collector - her name's on the front cover even though it's only a two-pager. It says that, "She gets by on disability benefits..." which is just so wrong. She says she made bad deals with her music but, the number of times 'Germfree Adolescents' has been re-released she ought to have something more financially than being reliant on benefits. This is POLY STYRENE we're talking about.

The article ends with a quote from Poly: "Some people have made lots of money out of music but I haven't. I made bad deals but I didn't know at the time; I just signed things. I could make a lot of money from live work but my health is no longer up to it. I hope the new CD and DVD do well, but money isn't everything and I've got a legacy of work. I'm still considered cool and hip and people remember the name Poly Styrene." You bet they do!

The track listing for the live CD is below, with most of those songs also being on the DVD. I'm *so* looking forward to watching the DVD - I was there! C'mon people - buy it when it's released.

1. Oh Bondage Up Yours!
2. Art-I-Ficial
3. Obsessed With You
4. Warrior In Woolworths
5. Crystal Clear
6. Lets Submerge
7. I Am A Cliché
8. I Cant Do Anything
9. Identity
10. Melancholy
11. Genetic Engineering
12. Highly Inflammable
13. I Live Off You
14. I Am A Poseur
15. Germ Free Adolescents
16. Junk Food Junkie
17. Bloody War
18. Cigarettes
19. The Day The World Turned Day-Glo
20. Encore - Oh Bondage Up Yours!

No comments: