Saturday 12 September 2009

PiL Update

It's been a stressful week, what with things not going well at work, two Amanda Palmer gigs and the announcement that Public Image Limited would get together for gigs in December with the London gig being on the same night as I'm seeing the Pet Shop Boys.

After consulting with various people I took the sage advice of Paul over a glass of red wine and a pint of Moretti beer the other night, which was to wait for them to announce a second Brixton gig when the first one sold out. Well, obviously! Why didn't I think of that? The tickets went on pre-sale yesterday and full sale today and I gritted my teeth and girded my loins and, at lunchtime, started refreshing the tickets page waiting for a second gig to be announced, but nothing changed. Naturally, the second gig is announced after I leave work and I get the email when I'm sitting waiting for Amanda Palmer to take the stage. Sigh. Just my luck.

Luckily, Chris secured tickets on his return from the theatre and I will be seeing the mightly PiL as a Christmas treat! Yay!

No comments: