Monday 14 September 2009

Alan Price A-Giggin'

I went to see Alan Price and his band play a small jazz club in Barnes last November - it turned out to be more of a large back room in a pub and, although I enjoyed it, I decided I'd like to see him in a 'proper' venue. Et voila! Alan is playing Cadogan Hall off Sloane Square on 13 November.

The show is billed as 'Maximum Rhythm 'n' Blues: A NIght At The Flamingo' and features The Alan Price Set, Zoot Money, Bobby Tench, Chris Farlowe and Maggie Bell. Now there's a few names to conjour with. And the Cadogan is a nice venue.

It's just a shame I won't be going - I'm going to see the Divas of Motown that night at Hammersmith, the most wonderful Brenda Holloway and Chris Clark. And I'm in the front row (not that I'm showing off or anything).

If you're even slightly interested in music from that era why not go along and have some fun? Alan can guarantee that.

1 comment:

Holly A Hughes said...

OOh, lucky you! I've always wanted to go see Alan play at one of these monthly Bulls Head gigs. Sadly, I live in the US, where Alan NEVER tours. Anyone who has a chance to see Alan Price live, take it. He's an amazing live performer!

PS You might be interested in checking out our forum for Alan Price fans: www.alanpricefansforum.org.uk