Tuesday 1 September 2009

Fuck You at Manchester Pride

Now, I've never really paid any attention to Lily Allen until now and this cheerful little ditty from her last album. There's nothing wrong with little ditties - they're the ones that tend to get stuck in your head. And I like this one.

It's a blatant bit of anti-homophobia and very direct - fuck you if you're homophobic or harbour any other form of hate in you, get over it and enjoy life. The video was filmed at Manchester Pride last weekend which makes it a bit of fun. Take a look and take a listen.

Miss Allen has gone up in my estimation for having views and not being afraid to express them in song. I can't help but compare this to the Sugababes new song (see my blog below). Integrity doesn't mean you can't have a hit record.

1 comment:

Stephen Chapman said...

Good blog entry!

I thought that you may be interested in a monthly fun posting that I started in July called "5 on the fifth". You take 5 random photographs on the fifth of the month and post them somewhere on the net. You then let me know link to the site containing your photos and I update my blog entry so the world has your link.

Interested?

Here's a link to the last "5 on the fifth" posts:
http://thestateofthenationuk.blogspot.com/search/label/5%20on%20the%20fifth

Hope that you can take part

Stephen