Saturday 29 August 2009

Maximo Park at ReadingandLeeds Festival

No, I haven't been to the Reading Festival today, but I saw the Maximos as part of the BBC3 coverage. They only showed five songs ('Girls Who Play Guitars', 'Questing Not Coasting', 'The Kids Are Sick Again', 'Going Missing' and the finale of 'Our Velocity') but the full setlist is on NME.com. The lads looked and sounded in good form with Paul racing round the stage tiring me out just watching.

The interesting thing is that they brought on a small 5-piece brass band to augment the sound for a couple of the songs ('The Kids' and 'Going Missing') which created an interesting twist to the familiar songs. I hope they bring the band along to the gig at the Royal Albert Hall in October so I can hear the new versions of the songs for myself.

No comments: