Tuesday 8 August 2006

Sssshhhh........

Now, don't tell anyone, but I've got one of these thingymajigs that don't yet have a recognisable name.

We helped Intel/Samsung do a short pilot in a couple of schools earlier this summer and, now that the pilots are over, I took delivery of a few this afternoon so that we can trial them in the office (or play with them, which is a technical term).

It's an A5 size computer - not a laptop, not a tablet, not a handheld. It's something else, with full Windows functionality, wireless connectivity and a great media system. I switched it on tonight and found that I have an open wireless system somewhere close so I've been surfing a bit.

They're already working up the next generation of the machine and will, no doubt, come up with yet another version before displaying it publicly in January next year.