Wednesday 2 August 2006

Huff 'n' Puff 2

Phew! That's my second session with Nick, my personal trainer, over with... I need a sit down (which, luckily I am as I type this).

The session mostly followed the pattern of the first: bike, cross-trainer, stretches and mat exercises, then the treadmill (so he could see how I walk), more mat work then the bike and final stretches. It's amazing how quickly the time goes. I spent longer on the cardio machines today and he's written out a programme for me to follow when I go to the gym inbetween training sessions.

My back made it difficult to do a few of the exercises so Nick's come up with variations that I can do. My back will be a problem for a while yet - press-ups are out because it puts pressure on my lower back and so does lifting weights (I suspect with weights it's more a case of standing still that sends a surge of ouch down my leg).

I actually enjoyed today - it was a case of doing things rather than being measured and assessed and having things explained. Certainly got me sweaty! I treated myself afterwards with a nice sit down in the steam room for a while, very relaxing. Maybe my treat should've been a nice cream cakey and a pint of Guinness?

>Sigh<. I'm so good...

No comments: