Tuesday 29 August 2006

Another Biscuit Tin

A biscuit tin is a nice way of thinking about this blog – a bit of this and a bit of that.

Health

I am *so* much better than I was this time last week – what an awful week that was. I even went into work today (I like to bestow surprise honours on my people now and again), introducing Mr Sticky to the joys of the choob and a nice young woman actually offering me her seat (that made me feel so old and useless!). Travelling was a lot easier than I’d expected (thanks in large part to Sticky) and I got round in the office with no real problems so long as I’m careful getting up and sitting down. I see the physio again on Thursday so I think she’ll be happy with my progress.

Last 10 iPod

As of now, the last ten choons are:

Pinhead – The Ramones
Free Me – Emma Bunton
Brown Sugar – The Rolling Stones
Living For The City – Stevie Wonder
My Sweet Lord – George Harrison
(I Believe) Love’s A Prima Donna – Steve Harley & Cockney Rebel
Broken English – Marianna Faithfull
The Onion Song – Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell
Perfect Day – The Saints
Open Up – Leftfield/Lydon

I like to think this demonstrates my eclectic musical taste. Or does it?

Fuck The Back Row

I missed Amanda Dresden Doll – o woe is me… I feel like such a traitor for not seeing the show but I avidly read her last blog about her mis-adventures at the Edinburgh Festival.

'New York Doll'

Watched the DVD of the Arthur Kane documentary yesterday - that's the third time I've seen the film and it still brings a tear to the eye. The first time I saw it was at a art-cinema in New York last November along the road from where the Dolls played way back when. The second time was at the Odeon in Panton Street in April this year. It took 30 years for Arthur's dream to come true but it happened.

We've ordered tickets to see the 'new' New York Dolls play live in October and I can't wait. I wonder how many monkies they'll release on-stage to dance and shake their tail-feathers to one of the best songs released this year - 'Dance Like A Monkey'.

Hinternetweb

Sufering some frustration at the moment with my broadband connection deciding it doesn't like the 'always-on' tag. Mine likes to disconnect and have to be re-connected almost every time I change pages. Ggggrrrrr....

No comments: