Sunday 10 July 2011

Fra Angelico in Paris

I am partial to the works of Fra Angelico, Brother John the Angelic One, and I accidentally found out that there's a major exhibition of his art in Paris between 23 September 2011 and 9 January 2012. It's at the Musée Jacquemart-André, a gallery I've never been to in the centre of Paris and details are here. Needless to say I'll be going (and buying the catelogue).

It looks like the gallery is bringing together Fra Angelico paintings (and drawings?) from all over the place, like the 'Coronation of The Virgin' from the Uffizi in Florence (where I saw it earlier this year). Presumably there'll be more works from the Uffizi and from San Marco, so it'll be nice to see them again, with what I hope will be a host of paintings I've only ever seen in books.

No comments: