Wednesday 27 July 2011

Amanda Hugs (And Tweets)

I hope you don't mind me saying (or bragging) but Amanda Palmer replied to one of my tweets last night. I was, of course, thrilled.

I tweeted (in response to one of Amanda's tweets about tour merch): "Not bothered about tee shirts - will you be giving away hugs at gigs?"

And Miss Palmer replied: "oh FUCK yes. free for all people, unlimited supply"

I am, of course, very pleased with the 'unlimited supply' comment since I will be claiming two hugs when I see Amanda in September.

I've had quite a few Amanda hugs in the past (since first meeting her in 2005) and have decided on these as my top three hugs:

1. Bush Hall in 2007: I met Amanda after her first solo gig at Bush Hall in 2007 and got a lovely hug as well as a signed photo. I'd only recently got out of hospital (and allowed a beard to grace my chin) so it was quite special (see below).

2. Electric Ballroom in 2009: I was (amazingly) first in the queue to meet Amanda at her Electric Ballroom gig so I not only got a hug, I also got genuine Amanda-straight-off-stage-sweat all over me before walking out into a snowy Camden night.

3. Vaudeville Theatre 2009: My favourite hug is the most unexpected of all since I just happened to meet Amanda after we were both in the audience for an Alan Cumming show at the Vaudeville Theatre in 2009. It was lovely meeting Amanda when I least expected it. And getting a special hug of course.

I'm seeing Amanda at both of her London gigs in September - at Heaven and at the British Library - so I have high hopes of adding more hugs to my collection. I will report additional hugs but here's a photo of me and my hugee from 2007 - be jealous, be very jealous.

No comments: