Tuesday 5 July 2011

SLADE - 'Mama Weer All Crazee Now'

I've come across this new video of SLADE performing 'Mama Weer All Crazee Now' on Facebook and had to share it. Not only is 'Mama' one of my favourite SLADE songs (from 1972 before SLADE went mega in 1973) and one of my all-time favourite songs (played loud, of course) but I've never seen this video before. It looks like it's a promo video but it's been hidden away somewhere.

It's clearly from 1972 but what gives it away for me? Noddy's hat? No, he used the mirrors on his hat to direct beams from the lights into the audience for a few years. Dave's silver garb? Well, by 1973 he was the mirrored nun and all sorts so no, that's rather tame for him. Don? No, Don started wearing shiny waistcoats in 1973 but he was never that far out. The thing that says 1972 to me is Jim - in 1973 he started wearing his trademark red lurex suit! Now that was style. He's not wearing it, so it must be from 1972.

In the words of the great Sir Noddy Holder, 'Keep on rockin'!'

No comments: