Monday 19 October 2009

Maximo Park - 'Twelve'

I bought the new 12" ep from Maximo Park, 'Twelve', a week and a bit ago at their gig at the Royal Albert Hall. I've only just got round to digitising the vinyl record and have listened to it a few times now.

There are four tracks - three are remixes of 'Let's Get Clinical' plus one remix of 'A Cloud Of Mystery', both originally from the last album, 'Quicken The Heart'. I have to say that, if it wasn't for Paul's voice, I'd have no idea that it was Maximo Park under all the studio knob-twiddling. I'm not a great remix fan - if a performance is good, why does it need remixing?

The 'Clark Remix' of 'Let's Get Clinical' features Paul's voice morphed into that of a Dalek (spooky) but I think that that plus 'A Cloud of Mystery' are my favourite remixes.

I was surprised - and pleased - to see that I was the first member to play the songs on Last.fm.

No comments: