Wednesday 17 December 2008

A Thompson Family Christmas

The Thompson family - Linda, Richard, Teddy and Kamila - have released a new Christmas single called simply, 'Christmas'. It's supposed to be available on iTunes but I can't find it so maybe it'll surface tomorrow. It's in aid of Amnesty International. I'm sure it'll be well worth the listen.

The annoying thing is that Teddy Thomspon is doing a one-off Christmas gig tomorrow (Wednesday) at the Queen Elizabeth Hall with his mam as special guest. I've been a fan of Linda Thompson since the late '70s but never seen her live. I like Teddy's latest album so seeing him and the wonderful Linda would've been a treat - even more of a treat since it's billed as a special Christmas show with guests including Justin Bond and Rachel Unthank & The Winterset.

But I won't be there. I'll be seeing Matthew Bourne's 'Edward Scissorhands' at Sadlers Wells. I ordered the tickets back at the start of the year, long before Teddy's show was announced. Ggrrrr. 'Scissorhands' had better be *good*!

No comments: