Monday 15 December 2008

Organised?

O God! I *thought* I was so organised but this Christmas is going the same way of every other Christmas. Actually, it's worse.

I haven't written a single card yet which means I've missed all the international postal deadlines (sorry if you were expecting one). I *think* all presents are safely bought but they're not wrapped or posted and there's no way I can do that tomorrow due to work meetings, so I won't post anything until Wednesday. It'll all be first class so should arrive before Christmas but it still leaves me uncomfortable since I'm a public Christmasoholic...

My tree appeared yesterday. It's about 6.5 feet tall and has a distinct list which gives it a certain rakish, devil-may-care kind of look. I put some lights on it to help the branches spread out and to check that it would still be standing after a day (after last year's disaster when it fell over). It is still standing and looking mighty proud but still just has two sets of lights on it. I'll do that on Wednesday as well.

My *special* present arrived in the post from Santa (who runs an eBay site these days) on Saturday so I need to wrap that and put it under the tree. I've desisted looking at it so far and want to gawp at it properly on Christmas day.

I've got food and drink on order from Sainsbury's Online to be delivered on Friday so I'll have a full larder (unless you want meat). Friday is my first full day of Christmas holiday so I'll be well busy wrapping stuff and placing it under the tree. Short of an emergency at work, I'm off until after the New Year which will be nice.

I've got a full calendar of stuff to see and do over Christmas - Chris is taking me to see 'White Christmas' on the big screen at the National Film Theatre next weekend and to see 'Twelfth Night' with Derek Jacobi after Christmas; Slade are headlining the 'Merry Xmas Tour 2008' at Shepherds Bush on Monday; trips to Sadlers Wells and the National Theatre and Martha Reeves in concert this Saturday.

Phew! It's all go. I'm also reading 'A Christmas Carol' for the first time in ages to help me get in the mood.

Right, what do I need to do now...?

No comments: