Monday 22 December 2008

Christmas Is Cancelled

Waaaaaaah! Disaster has struck. The Merry Xmas Everybody Tour 2008 gig at Shepherd's Bush tonight has been cancelled "due to illness" and a new date will be announced in 2009. I say again, Waaaaaaah!

The official notice reads:

Shepherds Bush Empire
Original Date: Mon 22 Dec
Due to illness, this show has been postponed until 2009. A new date will be announced in the near future. Original tickets will remain valid. Refunds are available from point of purchase.

I *wanted* to sing along to 'Merry Xmas Everybody' a few days before Christmas, not at some odd date in the spring or whenever. I *wanted* to see Dave in his spectacular Santa hat while riffing like the rock god he is and while Don pounded the drums into submission. I *wanted* to sing myself hoarse.

That's it. Christmas is cancelled.

1 comment:

David said...

I know how gutted you will be by this