Tuesday 16 September 2008

Wimp

I've been in total wimp mode since Thursday and have only left the house once, yesterday afternoon, to go to the doctor's surgery for a prescription for more pills and a medical certificate. Pills control the soreness (which isn't as bad as after last year's operation by any means) but only sleep and general doziness helps with the bone-weary tiredness. I've also had two days of cold/fever/shivering that sent me to bed to sweat it out (how pleasant). I suppose it's a reaction to being generally 'under the weather' following the op. Anything that kept me quiet and away from the laptop for two days must've been serious...

I'm feeling much better today, thank you, and looking forward to having the clips out tomorrow - I asked the doc what clips were and he said they were like plastic staples to save on stitching. So the surgeon couldn't be bothered to sew me up with a nice plain stitch (nothing fancy for me, thanks) so got out his staple gun to hold me together? Can't wait for the dressing to come off tomorrow and the nurse to un-staple me with the implement the hospital gave me. Watch out - there may be photos...

No comments: