Sunday 7 September 2008

So I went all zen... and had a ganga break

The chronology of my blog is starting to fray at the edges (a bit like me). A disaster struck on Friday and that's screwed with my personal time-space continuum. My iPod broke.

I'm powerless without my iPod. I can't remember the last time I went to work (or anywhere for that matter) without my own music shutting out the rest of the humanity and allowing me to arrive at work peaceful and contented (yeah, right). My iPod thought I had no music on it so wouldn't play, and no music was showing. But I've got over 15,000 songs on the damn thing, I thought! I tried a re-boot and nothing happened. So I went all zen and ignored it...

After work it was time to play again and what better way than a trip to see 'The Harder They Come' - yes, again! This was my fifth time of seeing it, seeing Ivan and Pinky and Elsa (mon), and Pedro telling us to have a ganga break at half time, of Ray Pierre telling us we're all 'huggly' during 'Pressure Drop' for not telling him where Ivan was hiding and a whole lot more. Derek Elroy who normally plays the bumbling Longa and smooth DJ Numero Uno also ended up playing the gun runner and the photographer due to absences so he was never off the stage. I know I only saw it last week but I wanted to squeeze in one more viewing before I go into hospital and it closes. Of course, if it goes on tour (and there is talk of that happening) then I'll probably be able to see it again at Wimbledon.

What a marvellous cast, singing and dancing to perfection. That show has certainly brightened my life recently and Pinky is one of the great stage creations in my eyes. Well done to all!

Of course, the first thing I did on getting home after the show was to plug my iPod into the laptop to see if I could fix it that way but, alas, that was not to be. So I restored it to factory settings and lost all my music... So, since then I've been burning CDs like crazy to fill it up before I go into hospital (likely to be this afternoon) so I've got something to listen to - and some choice of what I listen to. This time I'll leave the digital files on my laptop! Sigh.

1 comment:

David said...

I feel for you having had a similar itunes catastrophe recently. Hope all goes OK in the hospital.