Tuesday 30 September 2008

Amanda On Drugs

Amanda Palmer kicked off her 'Who Killed Amanda Palmer' tour in Dublin and Belfast this week and in true Amanda-stylee something had to happen. She got knocked over by a car.

'O no!' I hear you cry. O no indeedy! Amanda is nothing if not a trooper and was back up on stage after a trip to the hospital. Amanda is reported as saying:

“I had an accident today,” said Palmer. “I did what most stupid Americans do and walked on the wrong side of the road and ended up getting run over. I have to say I’m very grateful for the free health care that you have in Northern Ireland and that this is the first show I’ve played where I’m completely on drugs.”

You can read the full article here.

What a star. Makes me a total wimp being off work after a mere operation with no car involved at all. That's probably going to mean no climbing about at venues with here ukelele singing 'Creep', but the main thing is that she's largely ok and on lots of drugs.

I'm looking forward to seeing the vaudeville-inspired vixen (as the article refers to her) in a couple of weeks in London.

No comments: