Friday 21 September 2007

Holidays In The Sun 2007

Imagine my distress yesterday when I tried for tickets to see the Sex Pistols at Brixton Academy on 8 November and failed. There was a pre-sale issue through the Academy mailing list so I was sitting there at 9am with credit card in hand and the Ticketweb site seemed to crash... 'O flippin' heck' I thought.

So this morning, there I was, all ready for the proper sale of tickets, several windows open for different agencies. Dead on 9am and I'm in there to purchase tickets ... and it's sold out! 'O fuck!' I said loudly.

There must be more dates, surely... and up pops tickets for 9 and 10 November so in I dive again and secure tickets in the circle for Friday 9 November. Phew! And just as well as 'sold out' appears when I go back to see if there are tickets for the Saturday. So I'm happy! And well done to the Pistols for selling out three nights in the space of 10 minutes or so. Needless to say, eBay is full of tickets for sale. They really should try to do something about that.

I deliberately haven't gone to any of the previous re-union gigs thinking it just wouldn't be the same and I want to remember them as they were. But now? I *want* to see them!

Thirty years on and I'll finally see the Sex Pistols. Cooo....

3 comments:

redhairedqueer said...

They'll be fab! Their reunion show at Crystal Palace in 2007 was fantastic. They don't try to be young again, they accept the fact that it's a trip down memory lane.

I, however, shall be in San Francisco...

redhairedqueer said...

Duh, I meant reunion show in 2002!!

John Liedown said...

Saw them in 1996 and laughed like a drain all the way through. It was the Pistols! Baulked at the prices for Brixton though. But yeah they'll be good.